Adelante is a diverse nonprofit organization that supports
people with mental and physical disabilities
seniors & disadvantaged populations
across New Mexico. We innovate to meet the needs of the community.
COVID19: Update 3.27.20
Things to know today re COVID-19 and Adelante operations
- Due to the governor’s directive on retail stores, Bargain Square Thrift Store is closed for shoppers and donors until further notice.
- To limit exposure to our team members, our administrative buildings in Albuquerque and Belen are closed to outside guests.
- The Storehouse food pantry suspended services effective 3/18/20 until we can find a safer way to distribute food. The food pantry is not open and they will not hand out food until further notice.
- Adelante operations that are currently closed: Back in Use, GiveABQ, DiverseIT, and Bargain Square.
- Adelante Mailing & Fulfillment Center and Secure Document Center are fulfilling contracts with crews of 5 or less per shift per location. No walk-in customers are allowed.
- Adelante residential sites are still open, but no outside guests are allowed. This includes our Community Living homes for people with disabilities as well as our senior assisted living home.
The safety of our staff, clients, volunteers, donors, and customers is our top priority. We continue to watch for and follow updates from the CDC and NMDOH. Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this challenging time.
*Previous updates about the pandemic and our response are on our blog. Please continue to check our website and social media channels for updates. Thank you!
Adelante is a Community Resource!
Adelante is a very diverse nonprofit organization with a positive impact on over 65,000 people across New Mexico. Watch this video to learn about the many things we do.
What happens when you’re low on face masks and your team is supporting 15 Community Living homes for people with disabilities and a senior assisted living home during this pandemic? Your amazing nurses go online and find a video on how to make masks with the supplies...
We know you are seeing information about COVID-19 all over the news and through so many different channels. While we didn’t want to add to those voices or your worries, we feel it is important to let you know how Adelante is responding to this pandemic. This is a...
This year, the New Mexico Department of Health Developmental Disabilities Supports Division completed a rate study of community providers. What they found was what providers had been saying for years: Years of rate reductions have made it difficult to provide quality...