Adelante is also known for moving forward through innovation and growth. Our organization began in 1978 with just 6 clients, all of whom were men with autism. Today, we have a positive impact on over 65,000 people a year including people with a variety of disabilities, the elderly, and disadvantaged populations, too.
In all that we do, Adelante strives to be a community resource.
Adelante was founded in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1978. Our primary service area is central New Mexico including Bernalillo and Valencia Counties though many of our services are available statewide and Ticket to Work is available across the U.S. Adelante is one of the larger and most diverse nonprofits in the state and among the top 10 non-governmental employers in New Mexico. Adelante is a nonprofit 501c3 organization, so donations to our agency are tax deductible and help us achieve our mission on behalf of people with disabilities, seniors, and people with disadvantages.
Adelante is focused on offering programs and running businesses that offer both value and high quality. We have pursued and won quality awards in the disabilities field as well as certifications and awards that are more widely recognized in the business world.
Adelante’s operating budget comes from Medicaid, state and federal grants, private contributions and the revenue generated by our social enterprises. Our website offers secure online donations. You can also support our mission by using our business services, donating furniture and other items through GiveABQ or our thrift store, or donating adaptive equipment.
Adelante is governed by a board of directors made up of civic-minded business people, parents, and guardians.
Learn more about our history and program expansion.
News & Media Connections
If you are a reporter or community partner who needs logos, a speaker, or information on Adelante, please contact our marketing team.
2018 Current Services
Awards Given to Adelante Development Center
- Albuquerque Business First 2015 Human Services Non-Profit of the Year (2015)
- 2013 Albuquerque Business First – Adelante named one of New Mexico’s Healthiest Employers
- 2013 NMDOT 5310 Award – System of the Year for Elderly individuals and People with Disabilities
- New Mexico Business Weekly Sustainable Business of the Year (2012)
- Green Zia Environmental Leadership Program – Bronze Leader (2012)
- 2012 NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association Award of Merit – Adelante Secure Document Center
- New Mexico Association of Commerce and Industry VIVA Award (2011)
- Performance Excellence in Using the AbilityOne Program to Further Its Mission – NISH National Award (2011)
- New Mexico Business Weekly Community Partnership Award (2011)
- Merit Finalist, Mutual of America’s Community Partnership Awards (2011)
- Business Weekly Corporate Heroes Award (2010)
- NM American Marketing Association Print Advertiser of the Year (2010)
- Duke City Dozen Innovative Albuquerque Award (2010)
- Quality New Mexico Piñon Award (2009)
Awards/Certifications Given to Adelante Staff Members
- 2014 Mike Kivitz (CEO) inducted into the UNM Anderson School Hall of Fame
- 2014 Women of Influence Award finalist – Jill Beets (VP of Marketing)
- 2011 Community Leadership Award, Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce – Mike Kivitz (CEO)