Things to know today re COVID-19 and Adelante operations (3.19.20)
- Due to the governor’s directive on shopping centers and gathering size, effective today, March 19, 2020, the retail operations at Bargain Square Thrift Store are closed to customers. Donations are still being accepted at the back of the store from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. We do still have a driver who can pick up donations. To avoid exposure for the driver and donor, donations must be left outside the home. To arrange a pickup call (505)923-4250.
- To limit exposure to our team members, our administrative buildings in Albuquerque and Belen are strictly limiting outside guests.
- The Storehouse food pantry suspended services effective 3/18/20 until we can find a safer way to distribute food. The food pantry is not open and they will not hand out food until further notice.
- Federal guidelines were issued to organizations like Back in Use asking us to not take in or distribute durable medical equipment. As a result, the GiveABQ location is closed until further notice, effective 3/18/20.
- DiverseIT locations are also both closed effective 3/19/20.
- Adelante’s Contact Center (Benefits Connection Center and Wellness Referral Center) is still open to help people connect to government benefits and wellness classes that are available. However, effective today 3/19/20 they will be open Monday-Thursday only and no walk-in services will be available.
- Adelante Mailing & Fulfillment Center will not be providing walk-in services at the Princeton location. If someone would like to a quote or needs work done, they should contact MFC customer service at WeKnowMail@GoAdelante.org or (505)883-1504. They can also contact Martha at MAMondragon@GoAdelante.org or (505)235-1714.
- Tax Help NM has asked all sites including Adelante to end tax help service immediately. We will not schedule any more appointments.
- Document Destruction Services is no longer allowing walk-in customers effective 3/19/20.
- Following NMDOH guidance, nobody beyond essential staff is allowed in our residential homes. Adelante has deployed laptops with cameras to the homes so people can visit virtually with family members or teams, as needed. Adelante has implemented these changes at our Community Living Homes for people with disabilities, as well as our senior assisted living home.
The safety of our staff, clients, volunteers, donors, and customers is our top priority. We are doing our best to watch for and follow updates from the CDC and NMDOH. Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this challenging time. Previous updates about the pandemic and our response are on our blog. Please continue to check our website and social media channels for updates. Thank you!