Are you or do you know of a person with a disability who receives Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SS) benefits? If so, then participating in the Ticket to Work program through Adelante might be right for you.
Ticket to Work is a free, voluntary national program run by the Social Security Administration through employment networks. Adelante is proud to be a part of this network and is a provider of the service. The Ticket can help Social Security beneficiaries go to work, get a good job that may lead to a career, and become financially independent. Additionally, participants of the program are able to keep their Medicare or Medicaid benefits. Adelante has one of the highest rated Ticket services in the nation, in the top 4%, and we provide this service across the United States. In fact, we just recently added a new Ticket client in Puerto Rico.
Adelante has been part of the solution. Connecting people with disabilities to jobs for almost all of our 40 years as a nonprofit is an action we intend on continuing. Likewise, we encourage everyone to share information about Ticket to Work and all the employment services at Adelante, especially this month since October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
Ticket to Work Services Adelante Provides:
- Understanding special work incentives and how they protect your benefits as you return to work
- Identifying your job skills and how they apply in today’s job market
- Exploring your career interests and create a path for returning to work
- Creating customized resumes and cover letters that emphasize your qualifications
- Developing your interviewing and presentation skills to prepare for talking to potential employers
- Local, city, state, and federal job leads and assist you through the application process
- Understanding reasonable accommodations and how to request this from an employer
- Assistance with proper wage reporting and responding to paperwork received from SSA
- On-going supports for maintaining employment, career advancement, and re-employment
Everyone age 18 through 64 who receives Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SS) benefits because of their disability is eligible to participate in the Ticket to Work program.